After my first trip to Tokyo in 2016, I wanted a simple and minimalist resource tailored to my travel needs: find an authentic neighbourhood with beautiful architecture, a mix of cool and traditional places, that would be central enough, great for walking around, and nice to stay, and probably have options to work remotely . And if it could have some quirky brands you can’t find elsewhere, galleries to discover local art, cosy bookstores to dive in, it’s even better. I didn’t want to waste time going from one website to another. Or reading all kinds of online reviews. I wanted to have an information from the source I like within a few minutes, and without feeling overwhelmed.
So I started Made in Marais.
This website is limited to:
- Three unique neighbourhoods
- Ideas of truly unforgettable experiences
- Handpicked places and personal recommendations
Made in Marais is likely not for you if you are looking for
- User-generated reviews and rely on popularity rankings.
This website is for you if you are looking to
- Work in inspiring places
- Get a highly customised VIP offer
- Participate in hand-on masterclasses
- Get on a tour with a local person
- Discover plenty of free resources
- Come home with the stories of incredible experiences
I want to help you discover an incredible neighbourhood in Paris, Los Angeles, or Tokyo that will become YOUR neighbourhood for a few days, months, or for life.